WRITE EFFECTIVE ACADEMIC ESSAYS
Reading and Writing
Instructor: Richard Carrigan
*This course includes a 1-year access pass. You will have 12 months to study at your own pace and complete the course.
College Writing & Research 301 covers the steps in writing a cause and effect essay. Your will learn and practice the steps in writing an academic essay. Your will also learn summary writing, cohesion and coherence, and more.
This course is designed for intermediate to high-intermediate, non-native speakers of English, who plan to attend a university in the United States and need to master academic reading, writing, and listening skills.
What to expect in this course
This is a multi-media course that includes 30+ video presentations, authentic reading passages, downloadable handouts, interactive quizzes, writing assignments, and teacher feedback.
You will have two years to finish the course. So you can study at your own pace during the next 24 months.
The goal of the course is for you to become familiar with and master the steps in writing an academic essay, and to help you avoid common mistakes in research essays.
skills You will learn
- Reading – identifying main ideas and supporting details
- Vocabulary – cause and effect collocation, word families, and definitions
- Listening – explanations and classroom instruction
- Writing – summarizing, in-text citations, and essay writing
- Grammar – passive voice and gerunds and infinitives
- Critical Thinking – drawing conclusions from articles and multimedia presentations