Practice Writing TOEFL iBT Independent Tasks
Students enrolled in this course will practice writing 7 TOEFL iBT Independent Writing Tasks.
- First, they will read a short instructional page about the type of essay.
- Second, they will have an opportunity to write their answer on the topic question.
- Then the teacher will score the answer and give them feedback on how they can improve.
- Finally, students can rewrite their answer a second time.
Before you begin, there are 3 things you need to know about this course.
- First, this is a teacher-assisted, self-study course. That means you will study on your own, but when you have questions or need help, you can contact your teacher.
- Second, you will need to score at least 80% to pass to the next lesson. If you score less than 80%, don’t worry, you can take the quiz again.
- Third, your teacher will grade your responses, and send you feedback on how you can improve. (Please allow 1 to 2 business days for a response). Enjoy the course!
3 examples of typical independent writing topics.
- “Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology helps students learn faster. Use specific reasons and details in your answer.”
- “In general, people are living longer than before. Discuss the reasons why people are living longer. Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.”
- “Some people believe plastic shopping bags are harming the earth. Other people believe plastic shopping bags are making the world a better place. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.